Subject: Interesting contract
From: jla@GNU.AI.MIT.EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 93 14:33:53 edt

   Date:      Tue, 07 Sep 1993 09:37:28 EDT
   From: "Russell Nelson" <nelson@CRYNWR.COM>

   Hmmm...  I'm about to sign an interesting contract to develop a
   packet driver.  The contract makes them the copyright holder, and
   they have the right to distribute as they wish.  The contract also
   grants me the right to distribute source and executable as *I* wish.

I suggest you talk to someone who knows more about this before you
sign this contract.  From your description (your client holds the
copyright), I think you are in a vulnerable position.  If these folks
have the copyright, then they legally have "posession" of the code.
Even if they grant you a license enabling you to do whatever you wish,
this probably doesn't apply to any third party.

Joe

----
Joseph Arceneaux
Arceneaux Computer Consulting
jla@ai.mit.edu                        PO Box 460633
+1 415 285 9088                       San Francisco, CA 94146