Subject: Mark Miller in PC Magazine
From: "Russell Nelson" <nelson@CRYNWR.COM>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1993 23:29:30 EST

Mark Miller's column in PC Magazine shows that he just doesn't "get"
free software.  In the first section of his column, he says that he
thinks companies will move to "an annual fee for upgrades, service,
and support".  And then in the next section, he complains that there
is still too much software piracy!

I'll write a letter to the editor.  But I was thinking that, as a
group, we could all keep an eye out for columnists who realize (or
*should* realize) that software can be a service not a product.
Letters to the editor very frequently get published.  Many people
read Letters to the Editor religiously.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com> What canst *thou* say?
Crynwr Software           Crynwr Software sells packet driver support.