Subject: brewster@Think.COM: WAIS-discussion digest #62: The ball is rolling!
From: tiemann@CYGNUS.COM
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 93 03:03:44 -0800

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Sun, 28 Feb 93 23:04:06 PST
To: wais-discussion@think.com
From: Brewster Kahle <brewster@Think.COM>
Sender: brewster@quake.think.com
Subject: WAIS-discussion digest #62: The ball is rolling!

       Forum On Wide Area Information Servers and Electronic Publishing
                              Brewster Kahle

Contents:
     WAIS Inc (Brewster Kahle)
     SIG-WAIS (TGAUSLIN@ISDRES.ER.USGS.GOV)
     macweek article 1/25/93 (KPMG Peat Marwick, Robin Palmer,VCA)
     Security and Non-ASCII data - Reality check (rbntjc@RohmHaas.Com)
     Re: Security and Non-ASCII data - Reality check ("Mark P. McCahill" )
     multi-byte WAIS (Youichi Watanabe)

Three pronged efforts are underway WAIS grow:
  Sig-WAIS by USGS (see below)
  CNIDR (the NC Group doing great Z39.50 work)
  WAIS Inc (see below)

Cool articles in 1/25/93 Macweek, 2/15/93 Forbes, and 2/28/93 NYTimes
business section.

- -brewster