Subject: Re: Unix mass-market freed software
From: "Brian J. Fox" <bfox@nirvana.datawave.net>
Date: 29 Dec 1997 05:35:38 -0000

   Date: 29 Dec 1997 05:26:18 -0000
   From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>

   Brian J. Fox writes:

    > Hey, without trying to be mean, why don't you write one?

   [ after writing this, I notice that bfox didn't suggest that it had to
     be written for Unix.  I didn't see a subtle way to acknowledge that
     assumption, hence this crude note.  :)  -russ ]

I didn't specify which operating system the code should be written
for, just as Mr. Barthomelew didn't specify which operating system he
would be running the code on.

In fact, I don't care which OS the program works on.  My point was
that freed software is freed, and that whatever system that the
software should run on is irrelevant.

Brian
--
     Brian J. Fox                                     bfox@ua.com