Subject: Re: industry-specific desktops?
From: Don Marti <dmarti@zgp.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:48:46 -0700

begin Brian Behlendorf quotation of Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 11:23:19AM -0700:

> Anyone know of any company offering Linux desktops customized for
> particular industries/commercial tasks?  A reporter called asking about
> such a thing, and I had through I'd heard of this in the medical office
> space, but it might have been some other industry.  Point-of-sale systems
> kind of count, I guess...

HP sells spiffy Linux workstations targeted at Digital
Content Creation (DCC), oil and gas, and EDA:

http://www.hp.com/workstations/pws/linux/faq.html

From the actual product page you have to drill down
to the configurator to see the Linux options, though.
(%*$#$# co-op marketing)

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/