Subject: Re: Anyone know of a free software business list?
From: Laurent GUERBY <laurent@guerby.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 18:05:00 +0200

On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 22:35 -0400, Robin 'Roblimo' Miller wrote:
> I'm trying to find an email list where intelligent people discuss free
> software-based business.

Some interesting statistics:

Note that all proprietary OS for embedded systems are down
and willingness to pay for service are up.

> This one now seems to discuss patent law theory and things like whether
> the phrase "intellectual property" came directly from Satan or was
> passed to us through some of his imps.

Legal concerns are also down according to the article above but are
still mentionned by more than 60% of respondents.

When your business receive those letters it's no longer theory
unfortunately, lots of SME talked about those letters during
the EU software patent debate.

Also shows that lots of small businesses are the reality
of the embedded world.

Laurent