Subject: Re: Revenue and business models
From: Thomas Lord <lord@emf.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 20:53:43 -0700

Russ Nelson wrote:
> Thomas Lord writes:
>  > If my reading of their contracts is accurate (and that
>  > is open to debate although nobody seems to bother),
>  > I don't see any conclusion other than that they are
>  > violating both the GPL and the spirit of the free
>  > software movement.
>
> Why do you think your customers care?

I *think* that's a very interesting question which
I would like to answer but I'm not sure enough that
I understand the question.

Please excuse me for being a stickler for language but
I'm actually not sure what you mean by "your".
Do you mean *my* (Tom's) customers?  Or
Red Hat's?  Or are you just asking in general why
any customer of a free software product would
actually give a whit about the integrity of the GPL?
or something else?

-t