Subject: Re: a different model - "publish or pay"
From: Daniel Nachbar <nachbar@public-software.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 17:28:36 -0500

> In other words, dual-licensing.  The code is GPL'ed, but may be
> licensed for a fee under a different copyright. ...

Yes, it is yet another twist on dual-licensing.

An important point that I forgot mention is that the "price" may
be paid in source code - i.e. you donate some of your code to
the public pool and receive in exchange the right to use all of
the code in the public pool in your proprietary system.

Dan Nachbar
Public Software Institute

PS - Interesting that you should "The code is GPL'ed ..."  In my
thinking it is more that the code is BSD'ed but with a restriction
as to who can us it in proprietary ways.  I'm not sure that
there is a real difference in the end.  Have to think on it.