Subject: Re: OSDD?
From: Brian Bartholomew <bb@wv.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 03:59:07 -0400

> the AbiSource people were there, and they claim to be getting
> venture capital to write an Open Source(tm) office suite.

Does making VC ROI expectations from service revenue without declaring
something proprietary to sell it strike anyone else as financially
implausible?  I emailed abisource about this, but I didn't get
convincing answers.

And, why would I want to subject myself to software that's been coded
to maximize service revenue?  Aren't the quality incentives backwards?

League for Programming Freedom (LPF) ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/lpf/patents.text