Subject: Re: Can open source cost money?
From: kragen@pobox.com (Kragen)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 17:32:52 -0400 (EDT)

On 26 Aug 1998, Russell Nelson wrote:
> Kragen writes:
>  > (It is worthy of note, in this context, that the X Consortium had
>  > deliberately excluded GPLed code from their distributions for many
>  > years, because they didn't *want* code that prohibited incorporation
>  > into commercial products.)
>
> proprietary.  words are important -- they're all we've got.

You're absolutely right!  I didn't mean commercial.  I meant proprietary.

Kragen (who, earlier today, got confused about how to make an NFA
	regex match take exponential time, and posted a regex that
	only took quadratic time instead)

We are forming cells within a global brain and we are excited that we might
start to think collectively.  What becomes of us still hangs crucially on
how we think individually.  -- Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of the Web