Subject: Non-proprietary software?
From: Brian Bartholomew <bb@wv.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 01:53:55 -0400

The software market is starting to offer me what I've been asking for:
libre and gratis source.  Unfortunatly, I find it's not what I wanted.

What I want is non-proprietary software.  Software where *nothing* is
proprietary.  Not the branding, not the QC, not the marketing, not the
other bits of source (support database, regression tests, design
documentation), not the books about it, not the promise of a future.

Does this mean I want commodity software?

League for Programming Freedom (LPF) ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/lpf/patents.text