Subject: Re: the walls have ears
From: craig@jcb-sc.com
Date: 27 May 1999 19:39:05 -0000

>craig@jcb-sc.com writes:
> > RMS, the FSF, the GPL, and myself, care not one whit about "freedom
> > for code".  For my part, that's simply because code is not people, it
> > has no rights, it has no responsibilities
>
>Eventually it will be, though, and I hope it's licensed under the GPL
>when that happens.

I think I was referring to the same sorts of things with my final
sentence "(Yet.  :)", but maybe not.

Anyway, it occurs to me that the GPL might not be too highly regarded
by sentient code, unless we *design* it to think that human beings
being able to freely clone and change it without permission is a
Good Thing.  :)

(I'm only picking on the GPL here, but I don't know that there's much
that's special about it in that regard vs. other licenses.)

        tq vm, (burley)