Subject: Re: the walls have ears
From: Michael Tiemann <tiemann@cygnus.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 12:04:39 -0700

Very well said!!  I would also add that a BSD license permits software
to be removed from the community, and hence from me in some future
sense.

This reminds me of a poster I saw the other day about Navaho (American
Indian) law: The council must consider the implications of its decisions
upon the next seven generations.  Far be it for me to get this list
side-tracked into a discussion about sustainable environmental policies,
but I think the GPL is more 7-generation-friendly than BSD.