Subject: Cygnus [was Re: the walls have ears]
From: DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 07:09:53 -0400

> but several of the practices under discussion in other threads (such
> as the Cygnus and ACT practice of requesting that customers not
> redistribute their commercial products, and possibly the dual
> licensing policy of Aladdin)

I know it's been said before, but I feel it needs saying again,
especially given the above context.

Cygnus DOES NOT request that customers not distribute our commercial
products.  In fact, we make a point of informing our customers of
their rights wrt free software.  In some cases, the right to
redistribute is even a "value add" for our customers, and helps us get
more business.

The fact that our customers usually don't redistribute anyway is
independent of our actions and influence.