Subject: Apology to Cygnus, FSB, all
From: shapj@us.ibm.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 13:42:51 -0400

I have done a very stupid thing, and I aplogize to everyone on FSB, to Cygnus,
and to Michael.

I think that there is a tangled mess in the interaction between NDAs and GPL,
and I obviously don't agree with Michael's interpretation of how the relevant
law plays out.  Someday a court will have to figure it out.

A raging debate about what Cygnus did or did not do is not helpful, and I
apologize for starting it.  I wrote without considering how vehement the
discussion would get.

Once again, my apologies.

Also, a reminder that I am interested in getting EROS to a purely open license,
and would appreciate help from the list to understand how this might be
accomplished while resolving the concerns that I listed.

Jonathan S. Shapiro, Ph. D.
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
Email: shapj@us.ibm.com
Phone: +1 914 784 7085  (Tieline: 863)