Subject: Re: Why software patents are bad
From: bruce@perens.com
Date: 17 Sep 1999 05:11:13 -0000

This Saturday, I will deliver a talk on this topic at the "Foresight
Weekend", see www.foresight.com .  You, Christine Peterson, Jim Pick,
myself, and some other folks discussed this at a LinuxWorld #1 BOF.
I also wrote an article about this a while back, I think in LinuxWorld.com .

So, it's been said, but there doesn't seem to be much coherent action being
taken to solve the problem yet.

EFF seems to have emasculated itself. I asked RMS about that yesterday, and
he suggested that infighting was the cause. Perhaps Esther Dyson will be at
Foresight - if so, I'll ask her for a prognosis on EFF.

Meanwhile, Stallman and I have been discussing a revival of LPF.

	Thanks

	Bruce

From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>