Subject: Re: Why software patents are bad
From: craig@jcb-sc.com
Date: 17 Sep 1999 21:12:43 -0000

>And given Redhat's ten-digit market capitalization,
>we might have reasonable cause for claiming actual monetary damages
>for infringement on a free software copyright.

I'm a bit unclear on the implications here.  Do you mean Redhat's
rise to stardom invites others to try and siphon off some easy
cash by violating the free-software copyrights used on so much
of what goes into Redhat's distributions?  Or that Redhat itself
might someday give into temptation to try to take portions of
its distributions proprietary?  Both?  Or something else?

        tq vm, (burley)