Subject: Why just one word? (Re: "On Virus" -- get real)
From: Ian Clarke <I.Clarke@strs.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:14:07 +0100

> > "Inheritance license" and "persistent" are also good.
> RMS likes it. My top preferences are "inheritance", "persistent", or
> "partnership". "persistent" could be applied to most licenses IMO, so
> I'm not sure it is really descriptive.

While we are throwing in words for discussion, how about "prolific"?

Having said that, I must question people's motive in seeking a single
word to describe the somewhat complex behaviour of the GPL.... surely
any single descriptive word will fail to capture entirely what the GPL
is about (as is the case with "viral").  Perhaps we should concentrate
on producing a small paragraph that can be used to give a broad
indication of what the GPL does - or have I missed the point?

Ian.

--
"Don't throw your PC out the window, throw Windows out of
 your PC, and install Linux"