Subject: Re: brands, trademarks, and the GPL
From: bruce@perens.com
Date: 30 Sep 1999 05:26:21 -0000

From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
> It's a net gain to a heterogeneous community, if the various licenses
> are well crafted and not proliferated excessively.

As the person at least partially responsible for several of those licenses,
I think we already have too many. I helped IBM and ATT with their Open Source
licenses because it was that or not have them release Open Source at all.

However, I think that their licenses are identical with many other Open
Source licenses in _intent_, and I expect that in a little while we should be
able to sit down together and work out one license that big corporations can
use.

	Thanks

	Bruce