Subject: Re: UCITA?
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 16:36:14 -0400 (EDT)

Alessandro Rubini writes:

 > Can someone please explain what UCITA is?
 > I neither live in the states nor browse the internet.

Neither do you read Infoworld.  One of the columnists has been
tracking it from the outset, and crying the alarm.  Basically, it
makes a bunch of new rights for software publishers -- for example the
right to make a binding contract without negotiation (translation:
shrink-wrap licenses become enforcable).  As a consequence such a
contract can legally prohibit reverse-engineering.

--
-russ nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>  http://russnelson.com