Subject: Re: ways of funding
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 15:05:07 -0500 (EST)

Stephen J. Turnbull writes:
 > I say "somewhat unrealistic" because reuse of software components is a
 > hard management problem.

Not really.  It's a hard payment problem -- transaction costs kill
you.  If you eschew payments, and you have a good software
characterization system (well, okay, so call that your hard management
problem if you want, but CPAN does pretty well), you can reuse a lot
of software.

I'll take a leap of faith, and further assert that scripting languages
get more reuse than do compiled languages.

http://www.cpan.org.  No, really.