Subject: Re: forking the list considered harmful (was Re: free software vs. open source)
From: Crispin Cowan <crispin@cse.ogi.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 04:27:58 +0000

Bruce Perens wrote:

> From: "Tim O'Reilly" <tim@oreilly.com>
> > it would be nice to have a less partisan tone from the GPL side of the house.
>
> You've can't be serious, Tim! Are you really unable to see partisanship on
> the other side? I sure can, and I've seen you in the middle of it before.

I've seen partisanship from *both* sides, and it's gotten old.  Please cease &
desist.  If you don't wanna, then I fully support cloning FSB with it's current
charter, except that you're not allowed to debate the merrits of GPL vs. BSD
licensing.  There are forums for that, and if this is one of them, then I want
out.

Thanks,
    Crispin
-----