Subject: Re: Ariba - open?
From: Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 10:41:13 +0000

Russell Nelson wrote:

> Kirrily 'Skud' Robert writes:
>  > I just realised the other day that I haven't cut code in over two
>  > months.  I'm depressed now.
>
> It's not *all* loss.  If done carefully, it can mean an extension of
> your "reach".  If you've got a staff, you can get them to do the
> grunt-work of implementing your ideas.  Someday I hope to have a staff
> to implement my ideas.  Being the boss, I won't have to convince
> somebody else that my ideas are worth doing.  Some will be successful,
> some won't.  But I'll have FUN.

Don't count on it. I've got staff, and they're a pain. You can spend
whole days doing nothing but office admin crap. Luckily I've now got to
the stage where I have enough staff that I can delegate the "looking
after the staff" task to the staff. Mostly. Took years to get there,
though.

Cheers,

Ben.

http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html