Subject: Re: street performer protocol
From: Crispin Cowan <crispin@wirex.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 07:27:44 +0000

"Stephen J. Turnbull" wrote:

> We're both just blowing smoke on the data, as far as I can tell.  I
> admit that I'm just talking "received economic theory" plus some
> historical analogies and toy examples disguised by real names.  You
> have any disclaimers you want to post?  :-)

Just that the claim that Red Hat was primarily revenue driven until 1998 is
third hand, at best.  We can try to infer this by looking at the history of
investment in RH (which they tended to publicly announce) and correlating
that with the company's head count (which was also announced).

Or we could just hope that Bob will comment :-)

Crispin
-----
Crispin Cowan, CTO, WireX Communications, Inc.    http://wirex.com
Free Hardened Linux Distribution:                 http://immunix.org