Subject: Re: Licenses vs. public domain
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 12:51:15 -0400 (EDT)

Lynn Winebarger writes:
 > On Sat, 27 May 2000, Kevin S. Van Horn wrote:
 >
 > > What do the rest of you think?
 > >
 >    It's an invitation to start an old-fashioned BSD-vs-GPL style flamewar,
 > except the "BSD" side wouldn't even guarantee credit where credit's due?

With one difference: that we bring experience and the perspective of
running a business to the mix.

It's almost impossible not to talk about licensing on this list,
becuase licensing is exactly what distinguishes a free software
business from all other software businesses.

Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | "Ask not what your country
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | can force other people to
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | do for you..."  -Perry M.