Subject: Re: Latest on CPRM at the Register
From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 15:33:06 +0100

On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 08:50:49AM -0500, Russell Nelson wrote:
> Bernard Lang writes:
>  >    So piracy actually hurts free software more than proprietary
>  > software.
>
> So perhaps our Free Software Businesses should start supporting the
> BSA?

No, because I think the BSA actually supports piracy, when it hurts
us.  That was the whole point of my question to them, and of their
lack of reply.

   I am sure the BSA and MS can find good economists when they need
them.  The fact that the same economists will speak BS in public does
not necessarily mean they are incompetent, but possibly just well
paid.

(I never realized until today the possible meaning of the first 2
letter of BSA)

Happy holidays

Bernard

                 CAGED BEHIND WINDOWS or FREE WITH LINUX