Subject: Re: [Freesw] priorart.org
From: kragen@pobox.com
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 19:44:16 -0400 (EDT)

"Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> writes:
> Bernard, I'm not quite clear what your objections are.  I'm unable to
> access the site at the moment, so if the context lies there, I don't
> see it.

Prior art the patent examiner considered during the patent application
process cannot be used to invalidate a patent, because the examiner
already knew about it when they decided the patent was novel.

Making prior art easier to search makes the life of patent applicants
easier.  It also makes the life of patentbusters easier.  I think
Bernard's contention is that the former outweighs the latter.