Subject: Re: As if the DMCA wasn't bad enough
From: David Fetter <shackle@fetter.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:43:43 -0700

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 02:34:42AM -0700, Tom Lord wrote:

> Some legistlators seem to look at Article I, section 8 and see the
> words "Congress shall have the power to do whatever it damn well
> pleases."

And they are right, which is why it's important that people vote in
the appropriate Congresses.  There is exactly one entity that has the
power to interpret the Constitution, and that is the Supreme Court.
How you or I or some fringe Randite party interprets it is *totally*
irrelevant.

Cheers,
David Fetter david@fetter.org http://fetter.org/~shackle/
phone +1 415 567 2690  fax: +1 415 567 2340