Subject: Re: Objective IT review of Redhat
From: Norbert Bollow <nb@freedevelopers.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:23:45 +0200

Stephen J. Turnbull <turnbull@sk.tsukuba.ac.jp> wrote:

> This is a task that requires people who are both very good at and
> interested in what they are doing.  We don't have many of those at
> all, for the desktop.  I just don't see how you intend to get past
> that obstacle.

The way to get past this obstacle is to turn the objective (of
creating a competitive Free Software desktop) into something
that is cool and technologically interesting.

One possible approach is to build a desktop environment that is
designed for distributed computing, and suitable both for novice
computer users as well as sophisticated computer users.

From my personal perspective, this is what DotGNU is all about.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Steering Committee: dotgnu.org
Tel +41 1 972 20 59       Fax +41 1 972 20 69      http://thinkcoach.com