Subject: Re: crux of the essence
From: "tony stanco" <tony@freedevelopers.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 20:56:19 -0400
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 20:56:19 -0400
Re: crux of the essenceJean,

Thanks for the cites. Very interesting. With all these voices who get it, you would
think that it would be moving faster. Where is the bottleneck? Where is the IMF, World
Bank and UN on these issues? Do we have supporters at high levels there?  I met a couple
of supporters from the World Bank at the Free Software Conference last week, but I haven't
talked to them in detail about what programs they have that supports FS or how we can
help implement some. A little background before I talk to them (roughly next week) would
be helpful, so if you can provide some, I would be appreciative.

Tony
  Jean said:

  And MOOOOOO to you.

  GrameenPhone: Empowering the Poor Through Connectivity.
  www.telecommons.com/villagephone/finalreport.pdf
  http://www.cisp.org/imp/december 99/12 99camp.htm

  The GrameenPhone founder is here for a semester teaching about using IT to enhance
development. He is fairly well traveled. He has seen IT precede water and health into
a village. Don't go all Maslow on us, David.

  And do not think that licenses do not matter to the developing world. They do.

  -Jean