Subject: Re: crux of the essence -- was; Now, SCAT!
From: Simon Cozens <simon@netthink.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 02:44:41 +0100

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 03:38:38PM -0400, Adam Theo wrote:
> forsyth@vitanuova.com wrote:
> >am i alone in being unable to follow any of this?
> no, you're not. this list is like this. not too high-quality sometimes,
> and alot of flame wars

And here I feel I need to stand up for FSB. While it is true that we are
occasionally attacked by outbreaks of incoherence and jingoism, and that
mainly from particular branches of the Free Software ideology, the vast
majority of the traffic here is very high quality - look at the posts from
Larry Augustin explaining VA's business model in relation to Sourceforge, for
instance, or Tim O'Reilly expounding the Joys of Lessig. This isn't soft
stuff; it's good readin'. Hang in there, it'll get better.

--
Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?
Because OCT(31) == DEC(25)