Subject: Re: Reuters: Amazon saves 25% on shift to Linux
From: Michael Tiemann <tiemann@redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 22:56:24 -0500

Administration costs as well.  With open source, Amazon can optimize how they
choose to allocate resources, and they have much better visibility into what
their systems are actually doing.  Thanks for the compliment,

P.S.  Sun does $800M/quarter in service revenue.  Our service revenue is a
fraction of the $20M+/quarter we do.  So there's a lot of growth opportunities
available for us at Sun's expense (although realistically, we don't offer a
platform that competes with 64-way starfires...yet).