Subject: Re: Sustainable Computing Consortium -- a policy railroading vehicle?
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@xemacs.org>
Date: 24 May 2002 23:44:31 +0900

>>>>> "kms" == Karsten M Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com> writes:

    kms> Given the focus in SCC documents on policy, I strongly
    kms> suspect an attempt to systematically freeze free software out
    kms> of government contract opportunities.

Not free software.  That's paranoia, and will be justly perceived as
such, even thought the effect on free software is basically that.

But the target is any software not developed by members, or even
software developed by members but not vetted with the other members.

Ie, it's just a common garden variety conspiracy in restraint of trade.