Subject: Re: sales techniques
From: DV Henkel-Wallace <gumby@henkel-wallace.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 20:49:12 -0700

On Friday, Aug 30, 2002, at 16:44 US/Pacific, Chris Maeda wrote:

> Nice message.  "Selling to VITO" is a pretty good
> book that explains the solution selling mindset as well
> as the blocking and tackling that you need to do well
> in order to sell software direct.
>
> Besides being nice to the assistants, another trick that
> works is looking through the guest book when you get your
> visitor badge so you can see who your competition is.

I love this technique.  So simple.  I also love it when someone offers
me a coffee -- I always say yes in the hopes I can can follow them down
the hall to the coffee machine.  You sometimes see the most amazing
stuff on the way (people working hard or not, names of key projects or
customers on the wall, etc).