Subject: Re: Successful FSBs
From: Simon Cozens <simon@netthink.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 05:05:09 +0100

Rich Morin:
> If we get too picky with our definitions, we may find that the only
> businesses that make real money off Free Software aren't actually FSBs!

To me, the possibility of that conclusion makes it vital that we do
examine this properly. If it turned out that the "para-Open Source"
companies such as AS and O'Reilly were on the whole profitable and
the "pure Open Source" companies which support and sponsor development
on the whole weren't, that would speak volumes about FSB strategy.

--
``Perl is the successfull attempt to make a braindump directly
executable.''