Subject: Re: [coallesced replies] Re: how to create 21,780 new free software jobs (2,530 in R&D)
From: Tom Lord <lord@emf.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 00:21:34 -0800 (PST)

       I'd be interested to see some expansion
       as to why you think the world/the market is similar enough to these
       university environments for a projection from one to work on the
       other.

Worst case answer is, of course, "wishful thinking".

More seriously, our actions in FSB industries aren't passive - we can
determine as much as we have to react to.  [Long winded defense and
calling-into-relevence of Foucault omitted for brevity.]

Even more seriously, "computing as service" is an easier deal for
consumers of all kinds.  Didn't IBM recently announce something to
that effect?

"Nobody ever got fired for buying from IBM",
-t