Subject: Re: Pro Serve Revenue for FSB
From: "Tim O'Reilly" <tim@oreilly.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 16:59:19 -0800

On 11/4/02 12:26 AM, "Rich Bodo" <rsb@ostel.com> wrote:

> I get the feeling when Tim speaks of service in the context you
> mentioned he is thinking more along the lines of an ASP than a
> small support/development shop.

Right.  And more than the narrow definition of an ASP (which would include
business app providers like salesforce.com), but also folks like google or
mapquest who offer applications as services that are supported by
advertising or other business models.

I don't even think we have a good inventory of which of these folks are
F/OSS based.  It would be good to know.  Netcraft might be able to tell us
something -- if they are using apache, they are probably using other
elements of the stack.

1-707-829-0515 http://www.oreilly.com, http://tim.oreilly.com