Subject: Need quotes for an article...
From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller <robin@roblimo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:10:25 -0500

Here's the opening paragraph of an article I'm writing:

According to MIT's <a
href="Technology">http://www.technologyreview.com/index.asp">Technology Review</a>,
the world's top R&D spender isn't Microsoft. It's Ford. Pfizer is number
two, DaimlerChrysler is number three, and Toyota is number four. IBM is
number eight. Microsoft is number twelve. While it's unlikely that all
the open source software development and research in the world
represents nearly as much R&D investment as  the bottom entry on
Technology Review's <a
href=""Top">http://www.technologyreview.com/articles/04/12/scorecard1204.asp?p=5">"Top
15" list</a> (Volkwagen), it probably would make their (pdf link) <a
href="list">http://www.technologyreview.com/articles/04/12/scorecard21204.pdf">list
of 150 top research spenders</a>. But how do we meaure the value of open
source development in financial terms? Should we even try to measure it
this way or look for a different metric that includes social value, not
just money?

Anyone want to answer these questions? This is for publication....

- Robin 'Roblimo' Miller