Subject: Re: Cygnus and proprietary software
From: Brian Bartholomew <bb@wv.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 18:31:26 -0500

> Try finding an affordable small-business accounting package.

| i have, it's called QuickBooks or QuickBooksPro.  i think we paid
| less than $100 for it.  not made by microsoft, which means it works.

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear.  I use QuickBooks myself and it's very
nice, but it doesn't run on Linux.  Thus, I have to maintain a working
Win95 environment, yuck.  I want an accounting package on top of a
real SQL database, that uses TeX as the printing engine.  I want
source and a development environment, so I can extend it.  Under a few
hundred $ would be nice, too.  Libre would be even nicer.

Another member of the League for Programming Freedom (LPF) www.lpf.org