Subject: Re: A Game (Email - Kelly)
From: "A. Pagaltzis" <pagaltzis@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 08:06:45 +0200

* Anderson, Kelly <KAnderson@dentrix.com> [2006-04-17 17:20]:
> >Gmail seems to have excited people.
>
> I haven't been agressively attacking the email problem for a
> while, so it is possible that GMail has some very cool stuff
> that I'm not aware of. I'm personally turned off the "webness"
> of the application. Now if it were an AJAX application, I would
> probably be more excited about it.

Actually, GMail is The Original AJAX Application. GMail was the
first big internet web app to use a cross-browser asynchronous
Javascript UI, before there was a term for it, which got everyone
to sit up and notice. About 10 months later (Feb 2005), Jesse
James Garrett of adaptive path published the AJAX coinage.

Hard to believe that the acronym is only just over a year old…

Regards,