Subject: Re: Business
From: "Kenneth Kron" <organicpower@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 01:46:22 -0700
Sat, 10 Jun 2006 01:46:22 -0700
I just started a business making biodiesel.  I used the book Cold
Calling techniques that really work by S. Schifman
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1580620760/103-4543485-9563859?v=glance&n=283155
.
I tried several books on selling and this one worked for me even
though I was not doing exclusively or even primarily cold calling.  I
highly recommned it.

As someone with an acting background I can assure you if you want to
look natural, you have to rehearse.  The easiest way to do that is in
front of a mirror.
As others have said on this list if you strive to meet people you can
help and honestly try to help them then word will get around.
Think about places where successful people volunteer (or hang out) and
go do volunteer IT work there but on the condition that you can
advertise/leave a brochure/use them as a reference.

I was never a salesmen and never liked selling.  Then I found a
product I believed in and had no problems telling everyone all the
cool things about it and how they could use it if they wanted to.