Subject: Open Source and the Artistic license
From: bruce@pixar.com (Bruce Perens)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 98 12:44 PST

As you can see the Open Source definition might be appreciably more liberal
if I had the option of ruling out Artistic License software entirely.
If anyone wants to run a jihad against the Artistic License or get its
authors and all copyright holders of software that is currently under it
to modify it, that is fine with me. However, I did not find the changes
that were necessary to the Open Source Definition were such that they
diluted the meaning of Open Source. They do cause some esthetic nits,
I agree with that. I had to choose between esthetics and practicality.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
"A Bug's Life", coming to a theater near you! Opens November 14, 1998.
Woody and Buzz return winter 1999, in "Toy Story II".