Subject: Announcing Flower 0.5
From: Thomas Lord <lord@emf.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 20:51:52 -0800
Fri, 21 Dec 2007 20:51:52 -0800
[Of FSB interest might be:   (1) An application of Lawrence Rosen's Open
Software License.  (2) Integration of that license with the pre-purchase
business model.  (3) An open source business use of patents.  (4)
Various additional businesses that begin to be suggested by this type of
technology.]

Dear Colleague,

I am pleased to announce the availability of Flower 0.5.   Today I have
released version 0.5 of Flower under the Open Software License version
3.0 (an Open Source license).   You can find it at my web site,
http://www.basiscraft.com

Flower is a new kind of /user programmable web service/, especially well
suited for applications which process, store, and query XML data sets.
Clients of a flower web service interactively modify and extend the code
the server runs. This is is the ordinary way to build new flower
applications. Flower is a true /web operating system/ in the sense that
it forms a self-contained, web-addressable computing environment.

Regards,
Thomas  ("-t") Lord
lord@emf.net
510-825-7915