Subject: helpful shorthand (was Re: Paul Fremantle on Open Source Business)
From: Evan Prodromou <evan@prodromou.name>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 09:11:38 -0400
Thu, 27 May 2010 09:11:38 -0400
I'm a busy guy, and I don't have a lot of time for these long-winded
emails. I'm sure I'm not alone.

So, I'd like to ask that people summarise their arguments into a simple
shorthand.

If you'd like to make the point that Open Source software is the only
possible strategy for any software business -- nay, any business
whatsoever -- just reference "point 1".

If you'd like to make the counter-argument, that it is an economic
impossibility to make money with Open Source software, just reference
"point 2".

Finally, if you'd like to make an ad hominem attack against your debate
opponent, reference "point 3".

If everyone would just use these simple abbreviations, we could all
follow the threads on fsb much more easily.

- Point 1!
-- Point 2!
--- Point 1! Point 1! Again I say Point 1!
---- Point 2! Point 2! A thousand times, Point 2!
----- Point 1! Point 3!
------ Point 2! Point 3!
-------- Point 3!