Subject: Re: A new(?) account for why free generates quality
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: 24 Apr 1998 03:00:28 -0000

ian@cygnus.com writes:
 > I try to always thank people who have made significant contributions
 > in the release announcements.  I've used THANKS files in the past, but
 > I suspect that only contributors read them.

People *definitely* read change files.  For the packet drivers, I
documented every change, and summarized the changes at the top of the
file.  Buried in the minutia of changes, I wondered aloud if anyone
read them.  Over the years I must have gotten a hundred replies.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>  http://web.crynwr.com/~nelson