Subject: Stupid quote!
From: "Ton Roosendaal" <ton@neogeo.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 14:11:30 -0600

 > > "Having the source code is the difference between buying a
 > >  house and renting an apartment," said Behlendorf.

Here is another one:

It's the difference between buying a bottle of milk or buying a cow.
or:
It's the difference between paying in parts or paying it all once.

It just fits in the same economic system of a materialized product and a
certain amount of money involved with it.
Both options, buying or renting, don't answer the basic proprierty question.

So: "Having the source codes is the difference between having a house or having
the construction plans"

(And yes, I've had my morning coffee! ;-)

-Ton-

 | Ton Roosendaal                       NeoGeo/Enji Games |
 | ton@neogeo.nl  blender@neogeo.nl  http://www.neogeo.nl |