Subject: Re: Linux v. NT for EDA applications: panel discussion - FYI
From: Chris Maeda <cmaeda@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 20:13:00 -0700

If you were being sarcastic in your original message,
it went way over my head and I apologize.

The audience participants in the transcripted discussion
seemed to assume that getting the code to run on a developer's
pc was all there was to supporting the linux platform.  ("I heard
Cadence has their stuff running in house on Linux and won't release it..."
Sounds like the X-Files.)  It sounds like I mistakenly assigned
you to that camp.  My only defence is that it's been a long day
that started with an earthquake.