Subject: Re: A few thoughts.
From: peterd@Bunyip.Com (Peter Deutsch)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 13:02:52 -0400

[ You wrote: ]

.  .  .
> Linux may eventually kill off Microsoft, but it will kill off the
> commercial unixes much sooner.  I think Sun is in big trouble, and
> I hope I am right because I am shorting their stock.

Well, in their defense, Sun does have alternatives,
especially Java and now Jini, etc. If they play their
cards right they can survive this better than most other
UNIX-based commercial vendors. Still, I obviously agree
with your basic view on the impact of Linux.

					- peterd

     Peter Deutsch,                                   (514) 875-8611  (phone)
  Bunyip Information Systems Inc.                     (514) 875-8134  (fax)
    <peterd@bunyip.com>                               http://www.bunyip.com

"How come there's never time to do it right, but always time to do it over?"