Subject: Re: your mail
From: Jonathan Magid <jem@SUNSITE.UNC.EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1993 11:48:50 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 19 Mar 1993, mcdermot@CS.UNM.EDU wrote:

> True.  Very true.  So this implies that we need a new kind of database
> for free software.  Archie will tell us 'what' and 'where' but not
> 'who' (if it does, I can't make it do it).  So we need to add the
> 'who' to archie or create something additional.

The IAFA working group has been working on this... The solution is the
IAFA template that will (someday soon?) exist for every piece of freeware.
These templates will be required by major archive sites, and be searchable
by next-generation Archie's and could be, perhaps, put into generalized
directory service.

jem.