Subject: Re: Do We Need a New Evangelist
From: "D. V. Henkel-Wallace" <gumby@zembu.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 16:33:53 -0800

   Date: 30 Mar 1999 20:15:28 -0000
   From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>

   D. V. Henkel-Wallace writes:

    > I think it has become self-defeating; "open source" means little
    > more these days than just shipping the source code.

   Where *do* people get this idea from??  Slashdot Anonymous Cowards?

Come on Russell, you and I have known each other long enough to skip
this kind of thing.

Perhaps I could better rephrase this as `"open source" means little
more to 99% of the population these days than just shipping the source
code.'

Most of the companies making open source announcements have little
intention of becoming FSBs.  The question is: by their taking the
first step, can they be pushed further down the path, and is it worth
it (I think so, yes).  Otherwise we don't need to have this discussion
on FSB.